Best Portable Fire Pits On Wheels in 2020
The main reason why you’d want to buy portable fire pits on wheels versus your standard fire pit is the desire for fire pit mobility. This can be due to many factors. You may have to often clean the area where your fire pit sits and are tired of dragging it across your patio. Maybe you have kiddos that play nearby but don’t want to risk the chance of them getting into the dirty soot and ash.
Regardless of the reason, we’re here to help you find the best portable fire pit on wheels you can buy. If that sounds like a good deal, keep reading and lets learn together!
Portable Fire Pits On Wheels Review Criteria
In order to determine what fire pit on wheels is best, we’ll need to define how we’re going to judge. As with any fire pit, we look for a few specific criteria when deciding.
- It has to be affordable.
- Durability is important.
- It has to stand up to the heat.
And in this case, since we’re evaluating fire pits with wheels:
- The wheels must be durable and the fire pit easy to roll.
Now that that is out of the way, let’s look at the three contenders!
A new Landmann fire pit on wheels has rolled onto the scene and we were lucky enough to grab one. The Bessemer option below was previously the best we had seen. Once we unboxed the new Landmann though, all bets were off!
The Landmann USA 28051 is essentially a better Bessemer Patio Fireplace. It has the same classic design and is also made out of durable, attractive stainless steel. Assembly was easier than the Bessemer and the fire pit still reminded us of the Weber 2726 fire pit we once loved.
Landmann USA 28051 Features
- Includes an ample 28 inch fire bowl with accompanying lid
- The base is extraordinarily sturdy which gives you confidence when moving across soft surfaces
- A 360 degree cylindrical chrome-plated spark screen protects your family/belongings from fire pit sparks
- Includes a wood grate and cooking grate as a welcome bonus. (If you’re looking for other fire pit cooking grates, check out our article)
- Includes a bottom shelf for storage. You can put your fire pit cooking accessories here!
Hands down the best for the money. You can stop reading and go purchase it if you’d like (check the price on Amazon) — the other two pale in comparison. The only reason not to get it is if you’re dissatisfied with the aesthetic.
The Bessemer Patio Fireplace is a great option, very reminiscent of the Weber 2726 outdoor fireplace. It’s made out of attractive stainless steel and has a throwback design to the fire pits of yore. Since the popular Weber 2726 is no longer available for regular purchase, this is the closest contender for the perfect fire pit on wheels.
Bessemer Patio Fireplace Features
- The bowl and lid are made from porcelain enamel, helping prevent corrosion and assisting in the cleaning process.
- The fire pit comes with two spark screens, which are wrapped in corrugate.
- The top is domed, which directs the fire’s warmth downward toward your body instead of out into the air.
- It has a large single door, making cleaning and loading wood quick and easy.
- The wheels are very large, making for easy transport.
The Bessemer is one of our favorite options for the features listed above. Not only does it look great, but the wheels handle soft terrain better than any other option we’ve reviewed. It’s a perfect choice if your fire pit on wheels will be in a yard.
This Landmann model requires specific taste, but can be a great option for those space enthusiasts out there that love fire pits (and need a portable fire pit on wheels). We’re not quite as a fond of the Landmann as the Bessemer, but mainly for aesthetic reasons. However, if this is your cup of tea, it can be a formidable choice.
Landmann USA 28740 Northern Lights XT Features
- The Landmann doubles as a grill / cooking surface and a fire pit on wheels, knocking two birds out with one stone.
- The wheels are okay, but nothing to write home about.
- The hinged spark screen makes adding firewood safe and easy.
- The space-themed cutouts create a unique looking rig, but isn’t everyone’s cup of tea.
Whichever of these two options you choose, you’ll be sure to pick a great fire pit on wheels. That being said, we favor the Bessemer a bit more than the Landmann. Unless you love the star and moon cutouts on the Landmann, we don’t see a reason to choose it when the Bessemer is an option.
Categorised in: Best Of