Top Outdoor Fire Pit Benches To Liven Up Your Patio
Most people overlook fire pit benches when setting up the outdoor area around their fire pit. It turns out that this is a very costly mistake, as your guests and family will most certainly need a place to sit! The right fire pit bench can make a huge difference to the general aesthetic of an area and we want you to find the right fire pit bench for you. Stick with us and we’ll outline the various kinds of fire pit benches and help make sure you make an informed decision when it’s time for you to buy.
Backless Fire Pit Benches
This is the most common type of outdoor bench and can be found across America in many gardens, patios, and decks. Although not as flashy as some of the more ornate benches, it has a tried and true design that has stood the test of time. Its most defining characteristic is the lack of a back, which can be both a blessing and a curse. These types of benches have their own unique set of pros and cons.
- The lack of a back ensures that it will fit in more places.
- There are fewer parts and by extension fewer parts that can break!
- Backless benches are a young man’s game, offering no support for your upper or lower back. You’ll have to maintain good posture if you want to be comfortable.
- They typically don’t have cushions, so you’ll have to provide your own.
Outdoor Dining Benches
With a fire pit at center stage, you already have the entertainment covered. Dinner and a show has never been easier when you have an outdoor dining bench next to your fire pit. Dining benches are unique in that they typically have an accompanying table. But if the need ever arises, you can move those benches from underneath the table and put them wherever you wish. It offers ultimate modularity.
- Unlike a picnic table, a dining bench set is a lot more flexible in terms of rearrangement.
- If you choose to cook with a fire pit, you’ll have your grill, table, and centerpiece right in one spot.
- Outdoor dining benches are much more bulky than backless benches and won’t offer as much flexibility for storage.
Outdoor Stone Benches
Outdoor stone benches are among the most ornate type of outdoor fire pit benches and will show that you’re serious about crafting an outdoor space you can be proud of. Heavier than their counterparts, they can be a pain to move and therefore you might want to make sure you really have a spot you’re happy with. Some stone fire pit benches can weigh over a thousand pounds!
Luckily, most of these benches don’t and can even be found on online retail sites.
- These are among the most beautiful benches available and provide a rustic, outdoorsy style.
- Stone benches are almost indestructible and can typically be bought for life.
- These babies are heavy! If they’re made out of solid rock, you had better be sure you like where you’re putting it.
- The comfort of stone benches leave much to be desired. If you want to be comfortable around your fire pit, it’s best to accompany the bench with some comfortable outdoor pillows or cushions.
Fire Pit Benches With Storage
Sometimes it’s good to have a little extra space to store your favorite fire pit accessories. When that need arises, nothing is better than a fire pit bench with accompanying storage. You’re going to have a bench anyway, you might as well make sure that it carries utility!
- You’ll be able to keep your fire pit grate, cooking accessories, and other supplies inside the bench and out of the elements.
- It fits in the same amount of space as other benches, making it very space efficient.
- Depending on your taste, you might not like the solid bottom of fire pit benches with storage.
Categorised in: Lifestyle