Two Best Portable Fire Pits On Wheels in 2017
The main reason why you’d want to buy portable fire pits on wheels versus your standard fire pit is the desire for fire pit mobility. This can be due to many factors. You may have to often clean the area where your fire pit sits and are tired of dragging it across your patio. Maybe you have kiddos that play nearby but don’t want to risk the chance of them getting into the dirty soot and ash.
Regardless of the reason, we’re here to help you find the best portable fire pit on wheels you can buy. If that sounds like a good deal, keep reading and lets learn together!
Portable Fire Pits On Wheels Review Criteria
In order to determine what fire pit on wheels is best, we’ll need to define how we’re going to judge. As with any fire pit, we look for a few specific criteria when deciding.
- It has to be affordable.
- Durability is important.
- It has to stand up to the heat.
And in this case, since we’re evaluating fire pits with wheels:
- The wheels must be durable and the fire pit easy to roll.
Now that that is out of the way, let’s look at the two contenders!
The Bessemer Patio Fireplace is a great option, very reminiscent of the Weber 2726 outdoor fireplace. It’s made out of attractive stainless steel and has a throwback design to the fire pits of yore.
Bessemer Patio Fireplace Features
- The bowl and lid are made from porcelain enamel, helping prevent corrosion and assisting in the cleaning process.
- The fire pit comes with two spark screens, which are wrapped in corrugate.
- The top is domed, which directs the fire’s warmth downward toward your body instead of out into the air.
- It has a large single door, making cleaning and loading wood quick and easy.
- The wheels are very large, making for easy transport.
The Bessemer is one of our favorite options for the features listed above. Not only does it look great, but the wheels are among the best we’ve reviewed and is a perfect choice if your fire pit will be in a yard.
This Landmann model requires specific taste, but can be a great option for those space enthusiasts out there that love fire pits (and need a portable fire pit on wheels). We’re not quite as a fond of the Landmann as the Bessemer, but mainly for aesthetic reasons. However, if this is your cup of tea, it can be a formidable choice.
Landmann USA 28740 Northern Lights XT Features
- The Landmann doubles as a grill / cooking surface and a fire pit, knocking two birds out with one stone.
- The wheels are okay, but nothing to write home about.
- The hinged spark screen makes adding firewood safe and easy.
- The space-themed cutouts create a unique looking rig, but isn’t everyone’s cup of tea.
Whichever of these two options you choose, you’ll be sure to pick a great fire pit on wheels. That being said, we favor the Bessemer a bit more than the Landmann. Unless you love the star and moon cutouts on the Landmann, we don’t see a reason to choose it when the Bessemer is an option.
Categorised in: Best Of